If weight loss and good health are on your mind this year, try these recipes which suit a keto diet and a winter palate. When are you trying them?
Whoever said diet food ought to be boring? Well, if your New Year has begun on with a resolution to work on your health with a mix of a planned diet and exercise routine, we’re sure you’re looking for ways to give a tasty twist to your plate! For those on a keto diet, we have a treat of five recipes to ease your search woes and tempt you onto a path of healthy eating.
For the unversed, let us tell you that the ketogenic a.k.a. keto diet is a high fat, moderate protein, and low-carb eating method where a majority of your calories are from fat. The diet has several health benefits, particularly weight loss.
5 easy keto recipes
Without wasting anymore time, let’s share with you some recipes suggested to us by Kirtee Sanket Somnache, Food Content Creator on Trell. Let’s dive in!
1. Bharwa Bhindi/ Stuffed Okra
This bharwa bhindi is a low-carb and keto-friendly recipe.
- Cut the top and bottom parts of the bhindi. Slit in between.
- For making masala for stuffing: Take a small bowl, add roasted peanut powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, amchur powder, fennel seeds powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Next, add a tablespoon of oil and combine well. Oil is added to help spices stick to the bhindi when stuffed.
- Stuff the prepared masala in the bhindi and keep it aside.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C). Add the stuffed okra to the air fryer, brush some oil if you feel stuffed okra is dry and air fry them at 360°F (180°C) for 10-12 minutes from both sides.
Serve Bharwa bhindi masala with steamed rice or roti.
2. Paneer Tikka
This simple and oh-so-good recipe can be the hero of your evenings. Enjoy it with friends and family!
- Add hung curd, besan, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala, chaat masala, kasuri methi, lemon juice, salt, oil in a large bowl and mix everything.
- Then add the paneer cubes, capsicum and onion. Toss well to coat. Cover the bowl and marinate the paneer for at least 30 minutes.
- Take a skewer, gently thread paneer, capsicum and onion on a skewer, alternating with each other. Similarly, prepare the remaining skewers. And grill them from both sides for 10-15mins.
- Remove paneer on a serving plate.
Squeeze some lime juice on the tikka and serve with mint chutney.
3. Roasted Mushroom
This roasted mushrooms recipe is vegan, keto, and low-carb friendly. Juicy, delicious mushrooms tossed in a combination of garlic, soy sauce, olive oil, and roasted until perfectly tender.
- Toss mushrooms with olive oil and soy sauce and minced garlic then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spread the seasoned mushrooms evenly on a parchment paper placed over the tray. Bake at 400˚F for 10-15 minutes from both sides till brown, tender, and juicy.
- The roasted mushrooms are ready. Remove them on a serving plate.
Squeeze some lemon juice and serve warm.
4. Roasted Potatoes
This one is the queen of all recipes. These crispy and golden on the outside and tender inside roasted potatoes are perfect to satisfy your snack cravings.
- Wash the baby potatoes and cut them in half.
- Toss the baby potatoes with olive oil and seasonings like crushed garlic, Italian seasoning, red chili powder, salt, and pepper. Coat the potatoes well in oil and seasonings.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spread the seasoned potatoes evenly in a single layer. Cook for about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and tender from both sides.
- The roasted potatoes are ready. Serve them on a snack platter.
Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve it with any sauce.
5. Roasted peanuts
A quick and easy recipe to roast peanuts from raw peanuts at home.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the raw peanuts evenly on a baking tray.
- Bake at 350˚F for 15-20 minutes or until they turn golden and smell roasted. Stir them at least twice during the roasting time.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Season these with salt and chaat masala.
Enjoy these crunchy, roasted peanuts as a snack or use them as a salad topping.