Sweets and Christmas go hand in hand! But how about giving recipes a colourful and healthy twist with fruits, nuts and oats?
It’s Christmas! And what are X’mas celebrations without savouries and sweets? Well, if following a healthy diet is a part of your New Year resolutions, why not start it a little early by indulging in healthy sweets for the special day?
Yes, you can totally enjoy the festive cheer while also sticking to healthy diet protocols! Hershey India asked Chef Ranveer Brar to curate delicious guilt-free recipes, which you can treat yourself with at home this Christmas!
So let’s dive into the Christmas recipes right away!
1 Cup Oats
1 ½ Cup Soy Drink
1 Tbsp caramel Flavoured Syrup
1/2 Cup Yoghurt
2 tbsp apples, chopped
2 tbsp pear, chopped
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds (Soaked)
1 Tbsp Chocolate Flavoured Syrup
1 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp cashew nuts, chopped
- In a medium pan over medium high heat. Add oats and soy drink.
- Add caramel flavoured syrup and cook until oats are cooked, it will take about 5 minutes
- In a bowl add a layer of yoghurt and layer it with the oats mixture and chia seeds
- Top it up with fresh fruits, dry fruits and drizzle with chocolate flavoured syrup.
2. Oats Lollipop
1 1/2 cup oats
2 tablespoons Sunflower Seeds, toasted
2 tablespoons Cashew nuts
2 tablespoons Almonds
8 Dates, de-seeded & chopped
1/3 cup caramel flavoured syrup
1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
1/4 cup chocolate flavoured syrup
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
100 gms Confetti
- Chop a handful of nuts and keep it aside
- Place a saucepan on the stove, add water to heat
- Add chopped dates and cook till mushy
- Add your chopped nuts now and cook for a little time to cook the nuts a little
- Add oats and mix and cook till the oats absorbs the moisture and combines well
- Lastly add butter, and mix and cook till a stiff consistency.
- We now make two flavours of lollipop mix – coconut caramel and double chocolate
- For this divide, the mix into two halves.
- In one, add caramel flavoured syrup and desiccated coconut for the coconut caramel.
- In the other, add cocoa powder and chocolate flavoured syrup for the double chocolate.
- Knead the respective doughs to combine the ingredients, divide and roll into bite size lollipop balls.
- Poke a lollipop stick into the rolled balls, and roll it into coloured confetti.
Note: This mixture can be stored for 3-5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
3. Muffin Treats
6 vanilla muffins
50-70 ml strawberry flavoured syrup
50 gm butter
25 gm oats, slightly toasted
15 gm cranberry
250 ml vanilla custard ready (As per packet Instructions)
- Butter an oven proof dish, break the muffins into smaller pieces and lay into the dish
- Add strawberry flavoured syrup to the ready custard
- Pour the custard, sprinkle the oats and dollops of butter over the muffin pieces and add few cranberries
- Bake for 10 mins or till browned
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream